Friday, July 27, 2012

No White Flags!

'Rebirth' was unveiled today at the Superdome. A statue representing one of the best plays in Saints history executed by Steve Gleason of the New Orleans Saints against the Atlanta Falcons (boom!) on September 25, 2006. It was the first game the Saints played in the Superdome following Hurricane Katrina and over a year on the road.

Here is the team photo from today. All good things are bittersweet in this state, you might notice that Coach Payton isn't there. Free Sean Payton!

And in case you want to remember what the feeling was in 2006 in Central City that night. The Falcons' coach even said, "As hard as it is to lose this game, I'd be lying if I didn't say there was a little, little piece of me that really appreciated what this game meant to this city," said Falcons coach Jim Mora Jr., whose father coached the Saints for more than a decade" 

Can't wait for the new season! I will be in my usual seat at Pal's next Sunday with a Blood Orange vodka and soda in hand! My official Saints season drink.

Who Dat or go home! 

 ReneĆ©

No comments: