Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Update: Kiddie Kollege and its Toxic Siting

The devil is beating his wife over here in Amsterdam. You know, its sunny and raining at the same time. Anyways, only a few more days until I can rest my head in my own bed. I'm so excited!

Parents whose children attended Kiddie Kollege, a nursery school that was inside an old thermator factory, settle the lawsuit for medical monitoring for their children. Yes, boys and girls someone opened a day care center with children in a building where people made thermametors with real live mercury. The story that follows is one with odd twists that include the legal system attempting to decide who is really at fault here. The people that sold the building, the people that bought the building, or the people who ran the day care center.

You can read my past posts on this story here.

I'm almost done with my book Bayou Farewell: The Rich Life and Tragic Death of Louisiana's Cajun Coast. It's a fantastic book about the wetlands loss on the Louisiana coast written by Mike Tidwell. He is a travel writer. I've never read any of his books before. Mostly I don't like travel writing. I don't know why. I just haven't found much that I enjoy. I prefer older fiction where the plot takes place in multiple locations that I have never traveled to. There is a difference.

Ok goodbye.
Renee Claire

No comments: