Saturday, March 21, 2009

In Ole' Balti-More

I just discovered this young artist out of Baltimore. As I continue my house and soul search for a move to Brooklyn, I keep getting drawn into new and interesting things in the District. Though Rye Rye is technically a Baltimore artist, I think its a good local discovery nonetheless.

M.I.A. and Rye Rye

and

Rye Rye mashes some Dirty Dancing

I got out of my bed for the first time all day yesterday (I'm allergic to that beautiful tree outside my apartment) and found myself at a small Ethopian restuarant on 9th and U listening to some really great beats and watching artists compete in their medium of choice (cakes, wire, markers). It was super fun. This morning as I was wondering to that new caribean market i just found, I saw one of the DJ's just getting home. He mixed Simon and Garfunkle with some really great house beats and he lives in my building. YEA!!

Take care - Renee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

allergies and M.I.A.....we have so much in common ;)