Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Are You Grumpy Too?

Hello Darlings,

It's me Renee, your old friend who has been too busy to stop and say hello, too busy to give you a nod on the way to the farmer's market. It's true, if I have been absent in the past with staying in touch, I've turned into those people I talk shit about behind their backs. I'm sorry.

I have been traveling, working, sleeping, and getting acclimated to Gulf coast community organizing. None of that has left room for me to do the things I love such as watching Rachel Maddow (though I am playing Friday night's podcast while I type), ride my bike (except to run quick errands), read a book (except during one particular moment two weeks ago but then I heard a jazz band outside and wandered away to find the source), run every morning (my pillow is so soft!), or read the New Yorker (I may have two months sitting on my desk right now mocking me). Must get this under control. I need a wife! She would be able to make sure this was all settled and my bills were paid. I totally understand why people get married now. Because you really do need another person to make sure shit gets done.

Barring my marriage to somebody, anybody so that the house gets cleaned, the bills get paid, and I wake up with enough time to run, I can tell you that my scheduled down time has included some beer drinking on neutral ground on St. Charles, hanging out with the rest of Treme in Mardi Gras under the bridge, trying to find that wonderful delicious wildrice mix again, and canoeing in the swamps.

Check out my photos. Warning, I don't feel like adding descriptions to any of them right now, so if you don't know what the fuck is going on . . . I'm too tired to care. Don't judge me for the photos where I'm wearing a mustache. It was Mardi Gras. I live in New Orleans. It happens.

Have you read the US Chamber of Commerce's new report on how it gets bullied all the time by those terrible, rich, and powerful community people who live near sources of pollution all over the country? It's a great read. I almost changed my mind, quit my job working with communities who are impacted by the oil and gas industry and got a job with BP.

I'm sleepy and I have no idea what Rachel is talking about and need to watch the latest episode of 90210.

Bye bye
Renee Claire

No comments: