Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's All Local

I just took Georgia for a walk and trip to the dog park, which she was found fond by a very large German Shepard that wouldn't let another dog play with her, kept biting the fuck out of this old hairy dog that drooled all over my dress and then rammed me while running as fast she could to get the ball I was holding. Shower number 3 of the day. This girl is wild. This has been an interesting week so far. Halfway through! At least I'm not writing a 20 something page report like last week.

Check out this musician that is dedicating his new album to my organization to help rebuild the gulf. There was a shit storm by a young intern who, I believe had never seen a Mardi Indian before or a swamp or art. The storm isn't over, but I only received a few scratches this time.

Check out my new blog about the flooding in LA.

This weekend one of the stop lights near my house fell. It's still there and still working.

My friend Amanda jumped off a bridge in the name of fucking with Chevron.


My friend Emma climbed and then painted a smokestack.

The shareholders at Chevron and ExxonMobil are making these companies take a long hard look into a dangerous extraction practice called fracking.

The Nation published an article about how the fight to lower emissions in the US is in your community. I believe I've been called an idiot by many a climate campaigner for saying this exact thing.

Bush still sucks.


Renee

oh yeah - and 154 environmental, fishing, chemical reform, and community groups sent a letter to EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson and HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius demanding public health action in the wake of the BP oil disaster.

No comments: