Thursday, September 15, 2011

Doggy Daycare Delinquent

I love alliteration, but I hate when Georgia gets kicked out of doggy daycare for being too wild. When I went to pick up Georgia from Central Bark in Kenner, they told me she was no longer welcome. She was fighting through the fence with other dogs then jumping over the fence to finish the job. Barking in other pups faces while they stood in their crate when she was let out for more play time. And biting the dog next to her when they all crowded around new dogs that were walking into the area. Oh well. She's still the cutest thing I've ever seen.

I've complained to all 3 of you who read this blog about my current job. There are big giant waves of grotesqueness that fades into ripples of simple complexity. Right now I'm seeing ripples. I spent the evening in Pensacola, FL with a couple folks who run two Florida based water quality organizations. Overall it went well, but conversations highlighted the challenges our entire society is facing. Again and again the conversation returned to a new reality of not working for the greater good. We seem to hit walls on collaborative projects because we are working to find the path that doesn't work. We are no longer working towards the path or the side trials that might work. That isn't just Washington. That's New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Galveston, Mobile, Pensacola, Atlanta, and Apalachicola. All of those places facing serious environmental degradations but whose activists can't find a common path to move forward. Everyone wants what they want when they want it. Maybe Tupac could have helped us out on this.

Tuesday was the 15th anniversary of Tupac's assassination. The boy is impressed with my Tupac knowledge, both as a white girl and a girl. But seriously once you have any curiosity into why there are conspiracy theories about his death or listen to him speak about education and prison at the age of 17 or see him at Baltimore School of the Arts or listen to him speaking at a luncheon to older black Americans in Atlanta or hear what he meant by Thug Life or how he brokered a deal between gangs in LA to stop the reckless violence, you will say to yourself 'wait who is the guy? and why haven't I been listening to him all this time? and why did the media and politicians make me believe he wasn't anything but a stupid young black guy from the ghetto that shot two cops?'

And because I love him.

Ciao,
Renee Claire

No comments: