Monday, September 19, 2011

Exciting Friday

Besides rescuing another dog on Friday, I also flew over the Mississippi to the end of the Delta in a small private plane with a couple colleagues from Baton Rouge.


Here are the photos:

It's a strange thing to fly over an area you drive everyday. It really put the coastal erosion we are experiencing into a whole new understanding. Seeing what should be land but is now only water is shocking and to know I probably only have another 20 - 25 years left in New Orleans, makes me really sad. (Yes even after only 9 months here) When I am forced to move because my city is permantely under water, I'm not sure how I will be able to assimilate back into United States culture. May need to move to the islands.

Must work. Must work.
Renee Claire

No comments: